COREY TAYLOR CONFIRMED FOR DAVE GROHL’S SOUND CITY PLAYERS SUPERGROUP
Slipknot/Stone Sour singer Corey Taylor will be part of Dave Grohl’s Sound City Players performance during Sundance week at Park City Live on January 18th according to the Salt Lake Tribune. Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins and Alain Johannes from Queens of the Stone Age/Them Crooked Vultures/Chris Cornell Band were confirmed as part of the band yesterday.
Grohl kicked off promotion for the Sound City film and soundtrack last month when the surviving members of Nirvana performed the new track “Cut Me Some Slack” with Paul McCartney at the 12-12-12 concert and on Saturday Night Live. The film is set for release on February 1st, with the soundtrack dropping on March 12th.
Sound City Soundtrack Tracklisting:
1. “Heaven and All” – Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, and Peter Hayes
2. “Time Slowing Down” – Tim Commerford, Chris Goss, Grohl, and Brad Wilk
3. “You Can’t Fix This” – Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee, and Stevie Nicks
4. “The Man That Never Was” – Grohl, Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, and Rick Springfield
5. “Your Wife Is Calling” – Grohl, Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Smear, and Lee Ving
6. “From Can to Can’t” – Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder, and Corey Taylor
7. “Centipede” – Goss, Grohl, Johannes, and Joshua Homme
8. “A Trick with No Sleeve” – Grohl, Homme, and Johannes
9. “Cut Me Some Slack” – Grohl, Paul McCartney, Novoselic, and Smear
10. “Once Upon a Time…The End” – Jessy Greene, Grohl, Jaffee, and Jim Keltner
11. “Mantra” – Grohl, Homme, and Trent Reznor